Thursday, May 10, 2007

Painting -> Drawing -> Printmaking

I skipped painting today and only briefly dropped in to drawing to hear a talk by a painter turned printmaker. Very interesting.

I spent the day working on my lino print for tomorrow's printmaking session. we go to Helen's studio, where we'll be able to use her press.

Stage 1. transferring the image onto the lino. I photocopied a mirror image so that I could see exactly what I needed to. I also used a pink ink pen so that I could clearly see where I had traced to image.

After taking off the carbon the was the result.

Half way to the completed block. And the right shoulder is killing me, it's so sore. I find carving the lino quite addictive.
I have trouble stopping, particularly when a deadline is approaching.

I've also created to more block to use as backgrounds. One is a collograph and the other a carving in cardboard.

No comments: