Saturday, May 12, 2007

Printing in Helen's studio

Well most of us turned up at Helen's studio among the trees, which is just beautiful. It's an old mud brick studio with lovely arched lead light windows.

I was almost an hour late and several students were well and truly into some intaglio printing on waxed milk cartoon and perspex. One of the other students did a lovely little design using the top part of the carton utilising the folds where the spout is. Very clever and it produced a lovely print. Later on one of the girls did a dry point etching, of a flower, on the perspex. It produced a lovely print as well.



After carving the tree below I has a scrap of lino left over. So I decided to just do a quick little line carving of quilting and patchwork style images. This is the very first print and so far the only print.



This is a print of the tree that I did last week. (see entry below) The only difference is this went through the press, producing a crisp, black and white print in the traditional manner. I'm quite happy with it, but would like to opportunity to play with it in other colours. I may have a go doing some rollings with it later today.






The same print, with a ghost, over top. I very much like that effect and once again I would very much like to play with this image more than I have so far been able to.



My fish stencil, with ghost, on some Ikea wrapping paper. When we printed the "Artist books" many of the students brought in some fabulous papers. One of them brought in some paper she got at Ikea several years ago. Next time I was in Melbourne at Ikea I headed to their gift wrapping section and grabbed a couple of rolls of paper. This paper has leaves and flower petals in it.

No comments: