Sunday, May 20, 2007

Printing at Helen's cont.

As part of another subject focusing on "the design process" we were required to create a portrait for a lino block. In a previous entry I showed some ideas, as well as stages in carving the lino block. Well here is the finished piece.


This is the very first quick print to give me an idea of how the carving was going. It's printed on some old cartridge paper.
Many people liked the marks on the face but personally I didn't, and so decided to clean up the face a little.


This is the next print, after looking at some of the carving marks on the checks etc. This time I ensured that the lino was properly inked. It was printed on the same type of cartridge paper.


This was quickly printed on some Ikea wrapping paper. You can see both leaves and flower petals. I like the colour and texture that it provides.