Saturday, May 5, 2007

Printmaking

I wasn't very productive in the actual producing of prints this week. However, I did start some lino cutting practice for my portrait piece that I have to do for the other subject. The tools that Beverley bought are quite nice.


This is my practice lino cut that I quickly did in class. I haven't done any lino cutting for about 25 years.

I you have a closer look at the block you will see various cuts or gouges. I stopped cutting originally because I was going to put leaves on the tops of the branches as well but decided to do a quick print to see what it looked like.


I decided I liked the style of cuts in the corners of the tree branches and wished I had done less on some of the other areas. I might try to tidy up the block and make some of those areas look a little sharper.

No comments: