Saturday, April 14, 2007

Art pathways

I've missed at least two weeks of classes, but don't seem to be to far behind.

  1. Sculpture - We're modelling a foot, which won't be fired, and are required to carve a base for it out of plaster. My foot is still in the boot of my car, where it's been since we started and I haven't even started a plaster base for it. What it has sparked is an idea to do a plaque and get a hebel block to do some carving.
  2. Drawing - I'm not sure what I missed in drawing, however when I managed to get back to class just before the Easter break we did a class on perspective in drawing that brought a lot.
  3. Painting - I still haven't done any practice in painting, I did however do my two colour studies, of pumpkins.
  4. Art Theory & Practice - Schmoozle.
  5. Printmaking - This friday we will be expected to have 2 collographs ready. One for a background and another for an overprint. Helen, our teacher, is great and we always get to roll up our sleeves and do something. Below is a scan of one I started in class.

No comments: