Saturday, April 28, 2007

Printmaking with Helen - Artists books

The previous week Helen told us that we would be making "Artist Books". I don't think any of us really understood what she meant, tho. Below is the printing for mine and the end result should follow soon.


As you can see I used my relief block "Waves", my collograph "Blossoms" some string and a leaf. This will be the cover.

This is the pages of the book.
The greens are created using Faust AquaLine Inks and Yellow Ochre Oil based ink.





These will be used for the covers. The lighter print for the outside cover and the deeper toned print for the inside cover. I used some torn cardboard to create the bird shapes and my collograph block "Knit".

Oil based Heidelberg inks of Ultramarine, black, red and Yellow ochre were used.



The paper for the covers was simply some mottled inkjet printing paper. The paper used for the pages was a very light Japanese paper.

All this meant that I've just gone off and bought some really nice paper from Neil's in Fitzroy and some wrapping paper from Ikea which has some interesting paper.

No comments: