Monday, April 30, 2007

Studies with OUA

Previously I have been studying a Internet Studies degree through Curtin. Having had the last study period off, I now need to do at least 2 units this study period. Consequently, I have enrolled in VIS-15 Photography: an introduction, for SP2. This unit is through RMIT, and I've heard it is a great unit to do. Below is the blurb for it on the Open Universities Australia site.

This unit approaches photography firstly as a unique approach to human communication, secondly as an art form, and thirdly as a medium, which requires the acquisition of a unique set of technical skills. You will be introduced to basic mechanical principles of the camera. You will see how photography has been influenced by a growing understanding of the principles of human perception and communication. You will be provided with techniques for responding to the content and structure of photographs. You will need to have a basic understanding of photography and have access to either a compact - 'point and shoot' camera, a SLR 35mm camera or a digital camera.

I'm also enrolled in NED12, which is another, more advanced unit of CSS & XHTML. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

No comments: