Saturday, April 7, 2007

Printmaking - Relief block - Week 2

We covered more contour drawing as well as creating disposable printblocks using the black meat trays made from styrofoam, as well as stencils. Below are a couple of my prints.


I quickly did a contour drawing of a filing cabinet in the corner of the room. As you can see, when you look at the next image, not all the details showed up. We are still using a barren, as we don't have a press.


Most of the other students seem to pull something out of their imaginations. I prefer to use what I see around me.


Here you can see I started to use a rainbow roller. Even though I didn't have a good coverage of ink on the roller, resulting in a grainy look, more detail showed up, if you look at the bottom of the image the comb marks show far more clearly.



Still a little grainy, but this is the image I prefer. I used another colour combination rainbow roller. The darker colour is where it should be and I am happier with this.

No comments: